Published: May 2022 (upd.)
Share on: TW / FB / TG
How to bypass official propaganda and disinformation.
The Ukraine war is the second major war since the beginning of the mobile internet age (the first one was and is the Syria war). Because of this, even regular citizens can completely bypass traditional news outlets – which on both sides of the war provide almost only propaganda and disinformation – and access on-the-ground war footage and analysis directly and in real-time.
While most US social media platforms (and even search engines) tend to censor channels that are not compliant with US/NATO war policy, the more decentralized Telegram platform continues to provide reliable access to uncensored war-related content. The following brief overview lists some of the leading English and German channels covering the Ukraine war (18+, may show war deaths).
- War Studies (600k)
- OSINT Technical (600k)
- UA Weapons Tracker (800k)
- War Monitor (350k)
- Military Land (200k)
- Intel Slava Z (400k)
- AZ OSINT (80k)
- Donbass Girl (50k)
- Ukraine Exposed (50K)
- Rybar in English (40k)
Western journalists in Ukraine (Russian side)
- Patrick Lancaster (500k, American journalist)
- Graham Phillips (300k, British journalist) (*)
- Eva K. Bartlett (120k, Canadian journalist)
German channels (Russian perspective)
- Neues aus Russland (180k, German journalist) (**)
- Anti-Spiegel (100k, German journalist/website)
- Nikita Gerassimow (20k, German researcher)
- Übersicht Ukraine (25k, German-Russian project)
- South Front (videos and maps) (***)
- Live Ukraine Map (live interactive map)
- War on Fakes (Russian perspective)
- Institute for the Study of War (US perspective)
- Massacre Marketing Monitor (massacre analysis)
(*) Sanctioned by Britain; (**) Sanctioned by Germany; (***) Sanctioned by the US.
To bypass online censorship and restrictions, see Advanced Online Media Use.
Western propaganda vs. Russian propaganda (Lynn PR)
“Extending Russia”: 2019 RAND report
Summary of the 2019 RAND report, “Extending Russia: Competing from Advantageous Ground”.
Russian Gas Pipelines
Read more: Is Russia limiting gas flows to Europe?
The military situation in December 2022 (BBC/ISW).
More on Ukraine
- The Ukraine War in 2023 (February 2023)
- Ukraine: Geopolitical Background (February 2022)