The Media Navigator classifies 72 influential media outlets based on their political stance and their relationship to power. In many cases, the latter is more significant.
The Media Navigator has been developed based on an in-depth analysis of news coverage, commentary, media ownership and financing. There is also a European edition available.
Direct links to media outlets
- Liberal & close to power: HuffPost / The Daily Beast / VICE News / CNN / MSNBC / The Guardian / The Washington Post / Politico / BuzzFeed
- Liberal & intermediate: Slate / Mother Jones / Democracy Now! / The Young Turks / AlterNet / Counterpunch / The Intercept / The Nation / The Real News Network
- Liberal & distant: The Canary / Jacobin / WSWS / offGuardian / The Grayzone / 21st Century Wire / TruthOut / TruthDig / Mint Press News
- Center & close: BBC / NPR / ABC News / The New York Times / The Financial Times / CBS News / TIME Magazine / The Economist / USA Today
- Center & distant: Global Research / Newsbud / Corbett Report / Disobedient Media / Consortium News / Moon of Alabama / Information Clearing House / The Saker / Voltaire Network
- Conservative & close: Wall Street Journal / Washington Times / Daily Mail / New York Post / National Review / Washington Examiner / FOX News / Commentary / American Conservative
- Conservative & intermediate: Townhall / Daily Wire / Washington Free Beacon / Newsmax / Drudge Report / Epoch Times / OAN / Breitbart News / Daily Caller
- Conservative & distant: Zero Hedge / Activist Post / Anti War / Strategic Culture / New Eastern Outlook / Lew Rockwell / The New American / Veterans Today / The Unz Review
About the authors
Swiss Propaganda Research (SPR) is an independent nonprofit research group investigating geopolitical propaganda in Swiss and international media. You can contact us here.