The Media Navigator classifies 72 influential media outlets based on their political stance and their relationship to power. In many cases, the latter is more significant.
The Media Navigator has been developed based on an in-depth analysis of news coverage, commentary, media ownership and financing. There is also a German edition available.
Direct links to media outlets
- Liberal & close to power: CNN / The Daily Beast / VICE News / MSNBC / VOX / The Guardian / The Washington Post / Politico / Wikipedia
- Liberal & intermediate: The Young Turks / Mother Jones / Democracy Now! / Slate / AlterNet / Counterpunch / The Intercept / The Nation / The Real News Network
- Liberal & distant: The Canary / Jacobin / WSWS / TruthOut / The Grayzone / Mint Press News / CovertAction Magazine / offGuardian / 21st Century Wire
- Center & close: BBC / CBS News / ABC News / The New York Times / The Financial Times / The Hill / TIME Magazine / The Economist / USA Today
- Center & distant: Global Research / Moon of Alabama / Corbett Report / Consortium News / The Saker / Last American Vagabond / ICH / Anti-Empire / Voltaire Network
- Conservative & close: Wall Street Journal / Telegraph (UK) / Daily Mail / New York Post / Washington Times / Washington Examiner / Fox News / National Review / American Conservative
- Conservative & intermediate: Townhall / Daily Wire / Epoch Times / Newsmax / Gateway Pundit / Daily Caller / OAN / Breitbart News / Revolver News
- Conservative & distant: Zero Hedge / Activist Post / Anti War / Information Liberation / Winter Watch / Lew Rockwell / American Free Press / The New American / The Unz Review
About the authors
Swiss Policy Research (SPR) is an independent nonprofit research group investigating geopolitical propaganda in Swiss and international media. You can contact us here.