Data from vaccine adverse event reporting systems in the US (VAERS), the EU (EUDRA) and the UK (MHRA) indicates that covid vaccinations have already been associated with about 5000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’, including anaphylactic (allergic) shocks, temporary facial paralysis, cardiovascular disorders, and, in some cases, miscarriages. These figures may be an underestimate, as vaccine reporting systems typically cover only a fraction of adverse events.
Some post-vaccination deaths may be unrelated to the vaccination. However, in the US, 47% of post-vaccination deaths occurred in people who became ill within 48 hours of being vaccinated. In addition, in the US and Europe combined, several hundred cases of blindness, deafness, and spontaneous abortions have been reported shortly after covid vaccinations.
Compared to the hundreds of millions of covid vaccinations already performed, these numbers are small. Compared to the amount of covid deaths, too, these numbers are small. But compared to the standards for safe medical products, these numbers are certainly significant. Moreover, little is still known about the long-term safety profile of covid vaccines. Back in 2009/2010, it took one year for the public to learn about neurological damages caused by swine flu vaccine adjuvants.
US physician Dr. J. Patrick Whelan had warned the US FDA already in early December that vaccines based on the coronavirus spike protein may themselves trigger symptoms of severe systemic covid, including blood clots, pulmonary embolism and brain inflammation, even in children and young adults, who normally fight off a coronavirus infection in its early stages.
Regarding vaccine effectiveness, real-world studies indicate that after the second vaccine dose, effectiveness reaches about 90% in people up to 60 years old, but only about 65% in people over 80 years old. About one third of people over 80 do not develop neutralizing antibodies.
As New York attorney Aaron Siri pointed out in an article on StatNews, neither governments nor employers are currently permitted to require covid vaccinations, as covid vaccines are experimental vaccines that have not yet been licensed: they only received an “emergency use authorization” in the US and a “conditional marketing authorisation” in the EU. Indeed, the US FDA specifically notes that covid vaccines are “investigational vaccines not licensed for any indication.”
- Case reports: To study verified case reports of post-vaccination victims (deaths and serious injuries), see The Covid Blog (USA), The Defender (USA), and Corona Blog (Germany).
- Data sources: Reporting sytems OpenVAERS (USA), EUDRA (EU), MHRA (UK).
- Critique: Anti-Vaxxers Misuse Federal Data to Falsely Claim COVID Vaccines Are Dangerous (VN)
- Israel: Increase in all-cause mortality and reports of a “murky wave of heart attacks”. More.
- AstraZeneca vaccine: Suspended in several countries due to ‘rare blood clots’. Read more.
- Johnson and Johnson vaccine: Suspended in the US due to ‘rare blood clots’. Read more.